Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Awaiting the Snowstorm

White ash and cold sand I breathe in the crystals I breathe in my throat in my windpipe I breathe in its edges
I breathe in and breathe in
a push over the wet wall the white beast that weighs down the trees
a woman sits in the kitchen playing with centipedes she cleans the floor when winter eats Milwaukee your icy hands Judy
she cleans it and opens the pantry the air is cutting her she eats thin mints she eats hang nails pushes over a wet wall holds her fist over a pin hole of sun
white ash and cold sand I breathe in your crystals I breathe in my throat in my windpipe I breathe in your edges
I shovel you and shovel you
a woman sits in the kitchen she plays with centipedes she cleans when winter eats Milwaukee she eats thin mints
your pearly teeth Gary your icy hands Judy we clean the floor in the cutting air where the woman eats thin mints she plays with centipedes

1 comment:

  1. The exercise here was to mimic the style of a favorite poem. This is trying to imitate "Death Fugue" by Paul Celan. It could be something decent about being a poor person in the winter with some work.

    ReplyDelete